St Patrick’s Church annually welcomes baptised Catholic young people, School Year 4 and older, to the programme for the Sacraments of Initiation (Reconciliation, Confirmation and Communion). Using the programme created for the Diocese of Auckland, this short-course is the preparation and understanding for receiving the Sacraments of Initiation. This programme is only one part of your child’s formation. Children’s Liturgy, Mass, religious education (RE) and family guidance are all equally important for a well-balanced faith journey.
2019 programme announced:
In 2019, the Parish is working to enhance the faith journey for children. All participants will prepare and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent (March 3-27). Then families will choose to prepare for the Sacraments of Confirmation and Communion either in Group A (May 5 – June 23) or Group B (July 21 – Sept 8). Registrations close Sunday 3 March. Click here for registration and general information: 2019 Registration Sheet.
- Sunday, 3 March 2019 – Welcome and Introduction session
- March 3-24, 2019 – Preparation for Reconciliation – all.
- Wednesday, 27 March 2019 – First Reconciliation at 6pm.
- May 5 – June 16, 2019 – Preparation for Confirmation & Communion – Group A
- Sunday, 23 June 2019 – Group A Confirmation & Communion with Bishop Denis Browne at 10am Mass.
- July 21 – Sept 1, 2019 – Preparation for Confirmation & Communion – Group B
- Sunday, 8 September 2019 – Group B Confirmation & Communion with Bishop Pat Dunn at 10am Mass
Contact us for information of future programmes.