St Patrick’s Church annually welcomes baptised Catholic young people, School Year 4 and older, to the programme for the Sacraments of Initiation (Reconciliation, Confirmation and Communion). Using the programme created for the Diocese of Auckland, this short-course is the preparation and understanding for receiving the Sacraments of Initiation. Adult parents or whaanau must attend the course alongside their child.
This programme is only one part of your child’s formation.
Children’s Liturgy, Mass, religious education (RE) and family guidance are all equally important for a well-balanced faith journey.
2020 programme announced:
The outline of the Parish programme is that all registered children will prepare and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent. Then will choose to prepare for the Sacraments of Confirmation and Communion either in Group A (May 3 – June 28) or Group B (July 26 – Sept 6).
All whaanau interested in registering for the Sacraments of Initiation Programme should come along to the Welcome & Introduction on Sunday, 23 February 2020. Registrations close Sunday 1 March. The registration form is available here or in the church foyer!
- Sunday, 23 February 2020 – Welcome and Introduction session
- March 1-15, 2020 – Preparation for Reconciliation – all.
- Wednesday, 18 March 2020 – First Reconciliation at 6pm.
- Sundays May 3 – June 21, 2020 – Preparation for Confirmation & Communion – Group A
- Sunday, 28 June 2020 – Group A Confirmation & Communion with Bishop Denis Browne at 10am Mass.
- Sundays July 26 – Sept 6, 2020 – Preparation for Confirmation & Communion – Group B
- Sunday, 13 September 2020 – Group B Confirmation & Communion with Bishop Pat Dunn at 10am Mass
Contact us for further information or to register.