St Patrick's Food Bank Group
The former members of the St Patrick’s Conference of the St Vincent de Paul Society now make up this group under the Parish Pastoral Council. There are 5 of us who meet monthly but a number of parishioners regularly help with putting together and delivering the weekly food parcels. Others help with the annual Christmas food hamper project.
We no longer collect and distribute furniture and other household items due to lack of demand and storage.
Below are some guidelines for our requirements.
Items for food parcels:
- Tinned goods including meat, fish, baked beans, tomatoes, fruit, vegetables
- Rice, pasta, flour, sugar, sauces
- Breakfast cereals, Muesli bars, Long life milk
- Crackers, plain biscuits, noodles, soup
- Soap, shampoo, tooth paste
- Kitchen and laundry cleaners
- Sanitary products, nappies
Small to medium packets are more useful rather than bulk ones. For larger families we can always give more than one packet.
We are unable to store fresh produce (fruit and vegetables).
Currently, there are more than enough kitchen and laundry cleaning products in our store.
On behalf of our clients the group members are very thankful for the generous contributions received from parishioners: goods, funds and physical help.
Wish to donate to the Food Bank Account? BNZ: 02-0404-0000824-000