Catholic schools in the Diocese of Auckland allow the enrolment of both Catholics and Non-Catholics.
If you would like your child to have education at a Catholic school, without commiting to the practices of the Catholic Church, please contact the school to enquire about enrolment as a Non-Catholic.
If you are ready to make a commitment to actively supporting your child in the practices of the Catholic Church, then you may seek a “preference of enrolment certificate”. Please follow these steps to make the process as smooth and efficient as possible:
- Do you live in the Parish of Pukekohe? Or are you applying to St. Joseph’s Primary School, Pukekohe? Father Robert can only consider your application for preference if you live in Pukekohe or would like to your child to attend St. Joseph’s Pukekohe. People living outside the parish and seeking a different school must contact the Parish Priest for your area.
- Have you read the Information attached to the Preference of Enrolment Certificate? This information sheet details the requirements for being considered for preference enrolment. Preference is considered for those students whose families are Catholic and/or would like the student to be Catholic. “You need to make a commitment to actively supporting your child in his/her faith and the practices of the Catholic Church.”
- Complete the certificate. Please fill-in the certificate with your name, your address, name of the school and its location.
- Which criteria does your child qualify? Please choose from 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, or 5.5, and write this on the certificate. These criteria help you to demonstrate how the family is actively supporting the child in the Catholic faith.
- Are you choosing 5.1 (child is baptised)? Please write in the date and place of the baptism. You need to have a copy of the baptism certificate from the church where your child was baptised. When you have the baptismal certificate and the preference enrolment certificate completed, then you can simply drop this in to the Parish Office without an appointment. Further details will be given then.
- Are you choosing 5.2 or 5.3? Please contact Nancy, the Parish Assistant, to help you discuss your application and schedule a meeting with Fr. Robert.
- Are you choosing 5.4 or 5.5? The parent/whanau, including the sponsor, needs to meet with Fr. Robert. These criteria are more than just enrolment into a school; they are preparation into the Catholic faith. We want to help you in this faith journey, which is not just a one-step process and will require time commitment from you and your sponsor. We welcome you to ring us to discuss this further.
See our contact details below to proceed with your enrolment! God Bless you on your journey of faith in Catholic Schools.